Cuong Dieu

Advance Photography Studio (AD530) course at NYCCT/CUNY

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Best shot. Rose


This is my best shot in the school studio. One thing I love this photograph because it’s simple in the subject matter (a single rose). A red rose is framed in the rule of third to make more dynamic. Another thing is the moment of the rose and its background leafs. The rose is rising up and leafs is rolling down. For me, this organic movement creates a circle loop in this composition. Therefore, this photograph could hold viewers for a while.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

This is a beautiful photo. The blue background strongly contrasts with the red rose. I also like the dynamic of the soft fern in the background sweeping into the frame. However, I think the main subject is too centered for this to be a good example of the rule of thirds.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home